The Foundress of CTC
Born on 15 October 1831
Died on 18 July 1913
Declared Servant of God on 30, May 2008
The TOCD Congregation for women founded by Mother Eliswa in 1866 at Koonammavu, was the first religious congregation in Kerala. Her own daughter, Anna and her Sister Thresia, were the co-foundresses, who shared her charism. Mother Eliswa received also the members of Syro-Malabar rite and the congregation developed as a congregation for both rites. After 24 years, the TOCD for women was divided according to rites and two congregations were formed. The Latin branch is the Congregation of Teresian Carmelites (CTC) and the Syrian branch was the Congregation of the Mother of Carmel (CMC). The CTC has now 190 convents in 9 provinces and two regions.The sisters dedicate themselves in the apostolate of prayer, Christian education, running orphanages and old age homes, missionary activities, hospital ministry, women empowerment programmes, family apostolate social work and jail ministry. Mother Eliswa was declared Servant of God on 30th May 2008.
Contemplative union with God in a life of communion through charity and Ecclesial Service.
Passion for Christ and compassion for humanity.
THE SUPERIOR GENERAL CTC
Dr. Sr. Soosamma Kavumpurath CTC
Superior General, St. Joseph’s Vidyabhavan, CTC Generalate
Edappally PO 682024
Kochi, Kerala, India
Phone: 0484 2555255
Mobile: 0091 9400195552
ctcgeneralate@ gmail.com, email@example.com