In the CTC Formation program, there are 5 decisive stages and except the second year Novitiate, all other stages are in common formation. Every phase of formation is a continuation of the previous one and a preparation for the next and after the strict stages of formation, the journey continues as ongoing formation. A candidate is formed to the status of the CTC life style in which the Foundress identified herself to Jesus and lived the love of God in fraternal communion in the community and apostolic service.
- The initial period of formation is Candidacy. The aim of the candidacy is to give our candidates an opportunity to come in direct contact with our way of life and apostolate so as to discern their vocation to our congregation. The candidates of the congregations are trained in Carmel Novitiate House in Pambanvilai. The period of Candidacy is for one year. The candidates are given special classes for improving their language and Catechetical knowledge.
- Postulancy: This period of formation is to strengthen the seed of Carmelite vocation. This is a necessary requirement for all candidates to religious life. The duration of Postulancy is flexible according to the need of the time. The postulants are trained in natural virtues as well as to deepen their knowledge of Christian faith and Gospel values. The formation of the Postulants is in Carmel Vidyaniketan P.B No. 91, Judepur, Jhansi, U.P.
• The Third stage of Formation is Pre- Novitiate for one year. It is a time for deeper study of Christian values and vocation. A period of special preparation to enter the Canonical Novitiate. The formation of pre-novices is in Pushpabhari CTC Novitiate Chotparuva, PO. Karnajora, North Dinajpur Dt, West Bengal.
Pre Novices of CTC
- The fourth stage is the Canonical Novitiate. This is the beginning of the experience of religious life. It is a time of integral initiation to the form of life proposed in the charism of the Congregation. The Canonical Novitiate is in Devamatha Nikethan, Anapuzhakkal at Anchal, Kerala. After the Canonical novitiate, in the second year, the Novices are taken to the respective provinces for giving specific experience in the life and mission of their Province in their geographical setting.
Novices of CTC
• The fifth and last stage is the Tertianship. The junior sisters in the congregation are given three weeks course every year in connection with their renewal of vows. The Tertianship is a period of formation for perpetual profession, which verifies the spiritual maturity required and leads to a definitive commitment. The preparation consists of a programe lasting a year in which they are given adequate Theological formation. The Tertianship is conducted in Carmel Nikethan, Thambuchettipalaya, K.R. Puram, Bangalore, Karnataka.
After the perpetual profession, the ongoing formation continues till the end of one’s life.
Junior Sisters for Final Profession
Formation in Africa
The Postulants and novices from Rwanda in Africa are formed in St. Therese Carmel Convent, the newly built formation house in Butare Diocese. Now there are 5 Candidates, 3 Postulants and 2 Novices in Rwanda. The formation of the Candidate is in St. Euthymia Carmel Convent in Gikongoro Diocese.